No EPC data available.
No corporate video
- VICTORIAN CHARACTER RESIDENCE OF HISTORIC INTEREST
- GRADE II LISTED - 7 BEDROOMS & 3 RECEPTION ROOMS
- WEALTH OF ACCOMODATION OVER THREE FLOORS
- BUILT IN 1847 AS PART OF THE MIDDLETON HALL ESTATE
- 4.7 ACRES OF PRIVATE GROUNDS
- GYM AND FORMER SCHOOL HOUSE
- EDGE OF VILLAGE RURAL LOCATION
- 9 MILES FROM CARMARTHEN, 22 MILES FROM SWANSEA, 66 MILES FROM CARDIFF
Once forming part of the 2500+ acre Middleton Hall Estate, Dolgwynon is a magnificent early Victorian home built in 1847 on the edge of the rural welsh village of Llanarthney.
Dolgwynon is one of three country homes in the area once belonging to Middleton Hall, all three of which supposedly visible from the estate that is now the wonderful National Botanic Gardens of Wales. The Middleton brothers are known today as a very successful family. Thomas Middleton became Lord Mayor of London, whilst William Middleton was a distinguished sea captain. Sir Hugh Middleton is best known for introducing a new water supply to London. Sir William Paxton (a Scottish sailor, entrepreneur, and later a Member of Parliament for Carmarthen) acquired Middleton Hall Estate in 1789 and is believed to have built Dolgwynon as the home for the Estate's Manager. Paxton also built Paxton's Tower, a nearby Folly visible from the B4300 road close to Dolgwynon.
Dolgwynon is a spacious residence offering a wealth of character over three floors, and sits in 4.7 acres of private grounds flanked on one side by the Afon Gwynon, an inlet of the nearby River Towy.
The village of Llanarthney is located approximately 8 miles from the county town of Carmarthen and 6 miles from the popular town of Llandeilo, 22 miles from Swansea, and 61 miles from Cardiff.